From Hacklab.TO Public Wiki
Revision as of 10:27, 26 January 2015 by Sachac
- 2015-01-20 Japanese curry. Doubled. Roux recipe, and a large pot with three onions, leftover potatoes (2.5lbs?), leftover carrots (half a bag?), two packages of tofu, and other veg.
- 2015-01-13 Sweet Potato Fenugreek Saute and Vegan Veggie Curry (ours actually with TVP instead of Seitan). Both basically tripled. 18 bowls used.
- 2015-01-06 Misir Alicha & Tikil Gomen Both doubled, with double order of Injera (from Kensington Market). Both great, but I think the Tikil is the better of the two. It's also a lot more volume - despite the recipe claiming they make equal quantities, the Tikil is about 3x as large! And also, for dessert, a rice-apricot-cashew treat from Roberta's "Baking with Agave Nectar" cookbook (now donated to hacklab).
- 2014-12-30 Miso Winter Squash without sesame, sadly. Doubled. Very delicious. We A/B tested with baking vs. stir-frying for the second step - baking was more delicious, but stir-frying looked way better and the tofu was better tasting. Extra baked squash. Note: should in future read entire recipe rather than just looking at pictures before buying extra ingredients! Plus carrot cookies later (also vegan thanks to vegan butter + egg substitute, tasted great but a little bit crumbly.
- 2014-12-23 My Favorite Vegan Chili AND Amazing Roast Veg, both great! Doubled the chili, had trouble finding chili powder. Took forever to peel the beets! Also, gingerbread millenium falcon with Structural Gingerbread and Royal Icing, not edible, but awesome :-)
- 2014-12-16 Vegan Pad Thai Tripled. Very good. Cooked the tofu and broccoli in small batches. Two packages of noodles was supposed to be too much but worked out great. Cut the soy-sauce by 1/3, was fine. Used 4 scoops of "korean paste" instead of 6 of "mellow white miso". Juiced 8 limes, needed more!
- 2014-12-09 Aloo Matar Quadrupled. Pretty good, would make again. Tried to use the new wok with wok ring, but not enough heat - ultimately had to do the onions in the frying pan and the mix in a large pot, as usual. The potatoes, even though we pre-cooked them in the microwave, ended up undercooked - a little firm, but still good. Would pre-cook them a little more next time (7 min x 2 instead of 5 min x2?, maybe with stirring half-way through). Halved the paprika, as recommended in a comment - great idea, still fairly spicy!
- 2014-12-02 Vegan Japanese Curry Tripled. Good. A lot of extra fluid (6 cups!!), which we just bailed out before serving.
- 2014-11-25 Pea Soup and Carrot Soup by Ewan and Eric. Huge quantities of soup, but almost all of it was eaten anyway. Carrot was awesome, pea was merely great. With bread from Mabel's.
- 2014-11-18 Panang Cucumber Curry Spicy Cucumber Soup - curry is great, the soup is *super spicy*. Tripled both. Used 7 large english cucumbers total :-)
- 2014-11-04 Korma, hot and sour soup, naan bread, coconut barfi, homemade peasant bread, store-bought cupcakes - Chris, Alaina, Eric, Sacha, Max, Gabriel, Will
- 2014-10-28 Veggie Thai Red Curry. Tripled, served ~15. Substituted green beans for snap peas. Very good. Also made coconut tapioca pudding. Notes
- 2014-10-24 Hacklab relaunch party. Lots of cupcakes. Notes
- 2014-10-21 Vegan Mac & Cheese. Quadrupled, served ~25. Takes a LONG time to make (dinner was served at about 8pm), but it's pretty good. Homemade bread.
- 2014-10-14 Long Beans w/ Potatoes & Peppers on rice. Quadrupled, served ~15. Good, but not great - we added a lot of extra (knock-off) sriracha and soysauce, but it still wasn't incredible.
- 2014-10-07 Butternut squash and sweet potato soup Tripled recipe which served a LOT of people - we had food available till about 11pm, very unusual. Added curry powder to our pantry. Also served two pies (apple and pumpkin) and crusty bread from Mabel's Bakery (1156 Queen West) - happy Thanksgiving!
- 2014-09-30 Vegan Indian Butter Cauliflower Triple the recipe, getting two cauliflowers, one head of garlic, 3kg tomatoes, and one carton of coconut milk, a lemon, 1" ginger, three onions
- 2014-09-23 Minestrone Soup and Peach Cobbler. Delicious, should make again.
- 2014-09-09 Yemisir Wot (Ethopian Red Lentil Stew) & YEKIK ALICHA (Ethiopian Split Peas) with Injera flatbread.
- 2014-08-26 Gazpacho - delicious! And so much veggies!
- 2014-07-29 ethiopian cabbage dish with injera bread. Doubled, to use an entire head of cabbage. HUGE cabbage. We need bigger pots!
- 2014-07-22 corn on the cob and Gazpacho
- 2014-06-17 potato rendang w/ green beans
- many many before this, but we were not keeping good records :-(
Wishlist (future potential dinners!)
- vegan enchilada casserole
- pumpkin mac and cheese
- Ethopian: spiced collard greens
- sweet potatoe with fenugreek with NAAN!
- Japanese Curry: Recipe
- tacos - can do both meat and veggie, e.g. grilled tofu, eggplant, etc.
- bay leaves
- black pepper
- cardamom pods
- chili flakes
- cinnamon bark
- cinnamon sticks
- cinnamon, ground
- cumin seeds
- curry powder
- ground cloves
- ground coriander
- ground cumin
- ground nutmeg
- hot cayenne
- hungarian paprika
- mixed peppers
- peppermint tea
- sundried tomatoes
- tandoori masala