From Hacklab.TO Public Wiki
Revision as of 14:16, 5 April 2016 by Sen
The darkroom at the lab has a custom talking timer which understands multi-step processes and talks so that it is easy to use even in darkness.
- Timer itself, located above the left side of the sink near the ceiling
- Raspberry Pi 2
- Adafruit LCD Shield
- Speaker above the timer
- Control panel below the sink with the following controls:
- Large green SELECT button
- Navigation left/right control
- Active/Standby toggle switch
- Set the Active/Standby switch on the timer control panel to Active
- Scan the barcode for the process you want under the crosshairs that appear on the wall
- Barcodes can be found on instruction sheets for each process that are hung up behind the door.
- Double check that the timer is displaying the process you want to run, and press the big green SELECT button
- The timer may ask if you want to adjust the time for specific steps.
- If you don't, just press SELECT.
- If you do, use the navigation buttons to change to Yes and press SELECT.
- The timer will show and read out each step as it's ready.
- Press SELECT to start each step.
- If you want to run a different step instead, use the navigation buttons to scroll through.
- To abort a step in progress, hold the SELECT button until you hear a buzzer.
To generate new barcodes, you can use the Darkroom Timer Barcode Generator