This page documents Ultimaker #2 (Fawkes) [A phoenix from the ashes]
Printer lives on the third shelf of the 3D printer tower, next to the Type A.
- Ultimaker Original with extruder drive upgrade
- Built from an incomplete kit and a bunch of parts are 3D printed
- 210 x 210 x 205 mm print volume
- 3mm filament
- Absolute max temperature: 250 C
- It is managed and accessible from the web GUI: http://octopi2.hacklab.to/
|Mid-2016||Re-printed extruder drive tensioner in ABS on Ultimaker 1, replaced Bowden tube coupler springs. Snipped 1cm off the tube ends to give couplers fresh surface to hold on to.||Igor|
|September 26, 2015||Removed overly-brittle, broken PLA from the feeding tube. Machine back in working order with new PLA. PLA can become stale and brittle due to moisture absorption.||Justin|
|July 28, 2013||Found new Arduino mega and installed marlin firmware via CURA. Checked all axis movements, checked thermocouple via external temperature sensors and finalized hot-end. Installed build platform. Removed raspberry pi.||Norm|
|July 27, 2013||Cemented thermocouple into tube, fit tube into hot end. Attempted firmware uploads using Cura (failed) and Xloader (succeeded)||Norm|
|June 23, 2013||Machined remaining parts and assembled feeder, mounted and tested (dry run without power, tensioner only).
Attached flying lead ends of thermocouple onto thermocouple amp.
|June 22, 2013||Printed out and assembled most of the feeder, lubricated gantry.||Norm|
|June 18, 2013||Printed out parts for feeder||Norm|
|June 10, 2013||Stripped apart old filament feeder and began building new feeder which uses the hobbed pulley. Parts on order, machined other parts.||Norm|
|June 8, 2013||Rebuilt hot-end, rebuilt gantry components, mounted entire gantry, roughly aligned belts, verified general mechanical functions!
Finished mounts for build platform (cutting build platform and mounting to be completed).
|May 29, 2013||Boden tube, V2 hot end components, and belts arrived.||Norm|
|May 16, 2013||Ordered Boden tube and V2 hot end components (the feeder upgrade can be printed for cheap). Belts ordered for Ultimaker 1 (when they are needed for replacement). (~$138)||Norm|
|May 15, 2013||Printed Z home switch adjustment block and holder.
Designed and printed parts for new build platform system.
|April 29, 2013||Printed fourth X/Y bushing block and Raspberry Pi bracket||Norm|
|April 27, 2013||Assembled 3/4 X/Y bushing blocks, 4th print failed mid-print.||Norm|
|April 24, 2013||Unmounted dual extruder.
Stripped out X/Y gantry parts for rebuild (X/Y blocks broken).
|April 22, 2013||Reorganized shelf to accommodate the Ultimaker, organized materials and supplies.||Norm|
To Do List
- Finish to-do list/upgrade list
- Reprint X/Y bushing blocks, remount
- Print tensioners, install
- Print new extruder in entirety, mount
- Print Raspberry Pi mounting plate, mount pi, wire up
- Straighten Z axis acme rod
- Crimp cable going to print head
- Remount X/Y gantry system
- Order hot end
- Order boden cable
- Order extruder (dependent on success of printable extruder)
- Flash firmware
- Calibrate endstops
- Printable Upgrades
- Spool holder
- Magnetically attached print bed
- Motor mounts
- Fan cowling
- Z axis home switch adjuster
- Axis end-caps