From Hacklab.TO Public Wiki
Revision as of 01:51, 1 January 2017 by Igor
Hacklab acquired a 14" floor standing drill press on 2016-06-29. It lives in the corner of the shop, integrated into the table.
- Model: TradeMaster RDM-150F
- 5/8" bit capacity
- 14" throat (7" from column to bit)
- 3" quill travel
- A couple feet of vertical table travel
- 1/2 HP motor
- MT2 spindle
- Made in 1983
Usage & Safety
- You must be trained to operate this machine
- Tie back long hair, remove long sleeved shirts and jewellery.
- Eye protection must be worn when machine is running.
- Check machine for damage before using.
- No unconventional / unsafe use.
- Do not use mill cutters in the drill press.
- Use the vise and/or table clamp to keep work on the table
- Sweep / vacuum up chips and leave the machine clean.
- Check if spindle needs oil/grease and lube it if necessary.
- The previous owner removed the middle pulley from the three-pulley 16-speed gearbox, reducing it to 1 belt and 4 speeds. The third pulley and the two belts are in a box under the drill press if anyone ever wants higher/lower speeds.