From Hacklab.TO Public Wiki
The darkroom has an Aqua-Vac film washer, for washing processed film. When operating normally, the washer automatically fills with water then completely drains every 20-30s.
- Put the film washer in the sink with the drain outlet (larger white tube) facing the direction of the sink drain.
- Attach the hose to the smaller white tube and screw it onto one of the tempered water taps.
- Set the Intellifaucet to the temperature you want to wash the film at.
- Turn on the flow of water so that the film washer fills up within 10-15 seconds.
- Drop your film in and wait while it's washed!
- Water fills to top and drains properly, but never fills again, just leaks out the drain continually.
- Flow is too high. Decrease the flow, empty the unit, and try again.
- Water doesn't reach the top of the film reel in a reasonable amount of time.
- Flow is too low. Increase the flow until the washer fills in 10-15 seconds.
- Water overflows the unit instead of draining.
- Give the top of the vacuum chamber (plastic bit glued to the side of the main pipe) a hard tap.