A compilation of recipes that our members have come up with, or otherwise decided that should be shared among the membership.
reek Potatoes with Assorted Roast Veg
Serves ~15 people. Prep time 1h, cook time 1.5h, total time 2h
- 8 Russet Potatoes
- 4 Zucchini
- 1 Bell Pepper, Red
- 1 Bell Pepper, Green
- 2 pints Mushrooms, button
- 1 Onion, red or Spanish
- 2 Lemons
- 2 cups Water
- 1 cup Canola Oil
- 7-8 sprigs Rosemary
- 3 heads of Garlic, minced
- Salt, Fresh-ground black pepper, dried oregano (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 425 Fahrenheit.
- Slice potatoes into into wedges, peel on. Slice other vegetables into approximately 1/2 in x 1 in x 1 in pieces.
- Toss in oil separately with minced garlic, rosemary, salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Place into baking or roasting dishes, adding a half-cup of water to each batch of potatoes.
- Roast potatoes for 30 minutes.
- Add rest of water to potatoes, flip for even cooking. Add vegetable roasting dishes at this time.
- Roast an additional 30 minutes, minimum.
- Serve to an appreciative audience.
Attempt 1: Potatoes were delicious, but didn't achieve "Golden Brown and Delicious" status. Perhaps bump up to 475 next time, or bump minimum time up to 40/cycle.
Half the portions for a side-dish.
Taco Spice 2.0
Panter developed this mixture through experimentation over a year of tweaking. This is the final result; it is smoky, spicy, and piquant.
- 3 tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Corn Starch
- 2 tsp Smoked Salt
- ¼ tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- ⅛ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ½ tsp Black Pepper, fresh ground
- 1 tsp Cumin, fresh ground
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Dried Mexican Oregano
Use one batch of the recipe for 1 lb (~450g) of ground protein (beef preferred, though it also goes well with alternates). Yes, that seems like a lot, but that’s how it goes. Mix with ⅔ cup of water or, for more flavour, stock/bouillon.